Wednesday, May 6, 2009



After my first week blogging I am pleased with the results! 

Weight: 197.2 LBS  
I lost almost 2 LBS, which is my goal, to lose just over 2 LBS a week.  This was nice to know because according to my records in www.fitday.com I have burned about 8000 more calories than I consumed, there are 3500 calories in 1 LBS, meaning I should have lost around 2 LBS, and I did! On top of that, I am not posting this number because I think it is not that accurate, but according to my wife's scale I have lost over 1% bodyfat as well, which would indicate I am gaining muscle also. 

A friend of mine in SLC, Nick Gottwald texted me the other day about how he and his wife are doing "Biggest Loser" and weighing in each week, it was funny I had started doing the same thing at the same time. I told him about my blog and he said he might start one now too.

Here is my past weeks nutrition breakdown, I am over 200 calories higher average than I want, and higher carbs and fat than my goal and less protein than my goal and still lost almost 2 LBS, so thats good, if I can hit my goals the fat might shed off even faster: 
Average daily intake over the last week. 4/29 through 5/5/2009
Actual:                     Goal:
Calories: 1837       1300-1600
34% protein          40-45%
37% carbs              30-40% 
26% fat                   20-30%
3% alcohol
So everything is within my goal range besides overall calories consumed and protein. Had I eaten protein instead of drank some beer on Friday, I almost would have been there with the protein.  Next week I take my measurements too.  Here are my new improved pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment